- 1,080,699 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 10 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Among human beings trust comes about, not from expressions of wealth or fame, but from our showing affection.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
- The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope.
- Million dollar ideas are a dime a dozen. The determination to see the idea through is what's priceless.
- Any fool can criticize...
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Tag Archives: Seneca
True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future. – Seneca What does that mean? This quote is about relaxing and being ‘in the moment.’ How often do we hurry to get here or there? How often … Continue reading
We are more often frightened than hurt: and we suffer more from imagination than from reality. – Seneca What does that mean? Given that this is October, and the scariest night of the year is just a few weeks away, this is … Continue reading
Consider, when you are enraged at any one, what you would probably think if he should die during the dispute.
Consider, when you are enraged at any one, what you would probably think if he should die during the dispute. – Seneca What does that mean? This quote is about how mad a person should, or should not, become. This is … Continue reading
A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca What does that mean? Back in the time of this quote, gemstones were polished by grinding. Cutting and cleaving, as we know them today, had … Continue reading
The mind that is anxious about the future is miserable. – Seneca What does that mean? Anxious. Nervous. Worried. The future can be a scary thing. However, being anxious doesn’t make it any less scary. Nor does it change the possibility … Continue reading
Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones. – Seneca What does that mean? This is a great quote for the weekend. Consider the pleasure, as some call it, of a few drinks. That can be … Continue reading