- 1,074,421 hits
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 3 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 4 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Tag Archives: @OprahsQuotes
If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked. – Epictetus What does that mean? This is an interesting way of putting forward the question. How would you find ways to become better if you didn’t think you … Continue reading
In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy. – Cicero What does that mean? I’m not an expert in how Latin is translated, and I was unable to find the exact source of the quote, so I’m going to have … Continue reading
If you want the present to be different from the past, study the past. – Spinoza What does that mean? There are plenty of ways to look at this quote, but at the heart of it is a simple thought. Learn … Continue reading
I will not be concerned at other men’s not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability.
I will not be concerned at other men’s not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability. – Confucius What does that mean? This is an interesting quote, as it discusses our want, or lack, of ability. … Continue reading
There is nothing in the world so much admired as a man who knows how to bear unhappiness with courage.
There is nothing in the world so much admired as a man who knows how to bear unhappiness with courage. – Seneca What does that mean? This quote is about what the author of the quote thinks is one of the … Continue reading
One crime has to be concealed by another. – Seneca What does that mean? This is a quote about actions and their consequences. When you do something wrong, it doesn’t just go away. It doesn’t disappear or otherwise hide, unless … Continue reading
The good things of prosperity are to be wished; but the good things that belong to adversity are to be admired.
The good things of prosperity are to be wished; but the good things that belong to adversity are to be admired. – Seneca What does that mean? To me, this quote is about our focus and about what is truly … Continue reading