- 1,080,971 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 11 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends.
- Life is an echo. What you send out comes back.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
- It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Tag Archives: desire
If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked. – Epictetus What does that mean? This is an interesting way of putting forward the question. How would you find ways to become better if you didn’t think you … Continue reading
Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. – Robert Frost What does that mean? Well, irresistible is defined as “Impossible to resist.” or “Having an overpowering appeal” and desire is defined as “A wish or longing.”, “The object of … Continue reading
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby What does that mean? How many of us have a fear of failure? For him, as a comic, the failure would be … Continue reading
None are more taken in by flattery than the proud, who wish to be the first and are not. – Baruch Spinoza What does that mean? This quote talks about flattery and why it works better on some people than on others. … Continue reading
You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims. – Harriet Woods What does that mean? This quote sounds like it’s promoting win-win methods over win-lose methods, which I call cooperation. Most of … Continue reading
Today, when we face problems or disagreements, we have to arrive at solutions through dialogue. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This is a variation of “violence begets more violence” but is stated from the opposite direction. He is calling … Continue reading
By desiring little, a poor man makes himself rich. – Democritus What does that mean? Once again, we start with a quote that has been translated from another language, and many liberties will be taken by this author as to … Continue reading