- 1,074,421 hits
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 3 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 4 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Tag Archives: Cicero
Rightly defined philosophy is simply the love of wisdom. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote is about the motivation and underlying reason why people pursue philosophy. And, quite simply, it is, as the quote says, the simple love of wisdom. … Continue reading
In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy. – Cicero What does that mean? I’m not an expert in how Latin is translated, and I was unable to find the exact source of the quote, so I’m going to have … Continue reading
No one has the right to be sorry for himself for a misfortune that strikes everyone. – Cicero What does that mean? While everyone complains on Tax Day or at other times when unpleasant things happen to large groups of us, … Continue reading
The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured. – Cicero What does that mean? This is another saying based on the concepts of agriculture. Harvesting is what you do at the end of the season, … Continue reading
Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.
Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote is attributed both to Cicero and as a Swedish Proverb. Not sure how those go together, … Continue reading
If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote is all about our morals, our values, and the potential for a dichotomy between how we … Continue reading
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. – Cicero What does that mean? Well, to discuss this, we need some virtues. While each religion and culture have their own take on virtue, hopefully this … Continue reading