- 1,070,168 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- The rehost is done, and I am now at philosiblog.com
- Any fool can criticize...
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: worry
True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future. – Seneca What does that mean? This quote is about relaxing and being ‘in the moment.’ How often do we hurry to get here or there? How often … Continue reading
We are more often frightened than hurt: and we suffer more from imagination than from reality. – Seneca What does that mean? Given that this is October, and the scariest night of the year is just a few weeks away, this is … Continue reading
The mind that is anxious about the future is miserable. – Seneca What does that mean? Anxious. Nervous. Worried. The future can be a scary thing. However, being anxious doesn’t make it any less scary. Nor does it change the possibility … Continue reading
One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love. – Sophocles What does that mean? This quote is not from a philosopher, but from a ground-breaking Greek playwright, from his play Oedipus at Colonus … Continue reading
If you are depressed, you are living in the Past. If you are anxious, living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the moment.
If you are depressed, you are living in the Past. If you are anxious, living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the moment. – Lao Tzu What does that mean? This quote is a favorite of … Continue reading
The only way to avoid risks is never to have lived at all. – Winston Churchill What does that mean? The complete quote is quite a bit longer, and is included at the bottom of the post. It is a full paragraph … Continue reading
The real source of inner strength and self-confidence is warm-heartedness. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote is about the ideas of a very wise man for attaining both inner strength, and self-confidence. To me, those are both very … Continue reading