- 1,074,421 hits
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 3 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 4 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: weakness
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them.
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them. – Unknown What does that mean? I’ve heard a number of variants on this one, but the most common has … Continue reading
It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.
It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting. – Epictetus What does that mean? I like this quote. It has an interesting perspective on things, and that is … Continue reading
A person who practices compassion and forgiveness has great inner strength, whereas aggression is usually a sign of weakness.
A person who practices compassion and forgiveness has great inner strength, whereas aggression is usually a sign of weakness. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? Anyone who has been in the school yard knows of this, even if they never thought … Continue reading
Don’t bring your need to the marketplace, bring your skill. – Jim Rohn What does that mean? There is a longer version of this quote (see confirmation section at the bottom of the post), but for the purposes of this post, I … Continue reading
All cruelty springs from weakness. – Seneca What does that mean? The quote is also translated as: “All savageness is a sign of weakness.” In either case, the source, in the end, is weakness. Weakness of mind, weakness of spirit, weakness of … Continue reading
When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves. – Confucius What does that mean? This is an interesting quote about trying to master yourself by interaction with other people. It is the second half … Continue reading
We feel most small, we feel most challenged when we’re only focusing on ourselves. – Tony Robbins and here What does that mean? This quote caught my attention as it reminded me of some of the discussions on one of my other posts. … Continue reading