- 1,081,237 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 1 year ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- Character is much easier kept than recovered.
- Life is an echo. What you send out comes back.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: struggle
A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca What does that mean? Back in the time of this quote, gemstones were polished by grinding. Cutting and cleaving, as we know them today, had … Continue reading
I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it. – Maya Angelou What does that mean? Things happen in life. Some of those things change our path in life. Some of them even change … Continue reading
The mind that is anxious about the future is miserable. – Seneca What does that mean? Anxious. Nervous. Worried. The future can be a scary thing. However, being anxious doesn’t make it any less scary. Nor does it change the possibility … Continue reading
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. – Groucho Marx What does that mean? A slightly longer version of the quote is as follows: “Each morning when I … Continue reading
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them.
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win, so just face them head on, and overcome them. – Unknown What does that mean? I’ve heard a number of variants on this one, but the most common has … Continue reading
It is the failing of youth not to be able to restrain its own violence. – Seneca What does that mean? Ah, the joys of youth. While often times described as misspent, if one both survives and manages to learn from it, … Continue reading
Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. – Oliver Wendell Holmes What does that mean? This quote is, to me, about the difference between a physical location and an emotion. The quote says that … Continue reading