- 1,069,759 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Any fool can criticize...
- If money is your hope for independence you will never have it.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is
- Every path has its puddle.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: setting an example
Despite the superficial differences between us, we need to have a sense that all 7 billion human beings belong to one human family.
Despite the superficial differences between us, we need to have a sense that all 7 billion human beings belong to one human family. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote acknowledges that there are differences between each of us. Both … Continue reading
To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. – Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? Another classically brief quote. But it is packed with meaning. It is talking about revenge and how to best achieve it. However, it doesn’t say to … Continue reading
Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr. What does that mean? This quote is about the difference between giving and getting. As kids, I imagine most of us liked one … Continue reading
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single one, and its life will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single one, and its life will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha What does that mean? This quote reminds us that there are two kinds of things in … Continue reading
A man should be upright, not be kept upright. – Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? At it’s heart, this quote is about a person and their character. It is a reminder that what we are on the inside is … Continue reading
Life is an echo. What you send out comes back. – Zig Ziglar What does that mean? This is a neat quote, and it is a twitter-friendly version of a longer quote, which goes like this: “Life is an echo. What … Continue reading
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. – Martin Luther King, Jr What does that mean? This quote is about the totality of humanity. While it was spoken specifically about the racial divide then present … Continue reading