- 1,080,971 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 11 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends.
- Life is an echo. What you send out comes back.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
- It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: repetition
A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca What does that mean? Back in the time of this quote, gemstones were polished by grinding. Cutting and cleaving, as we know them today, had … Continue reading
If you want the present to be different from the past, study the past. – Spinoza What does that mean? There are plenty of ways to look at this quote, but at the heart of it is a simple thought. Learn … Continue reading
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. – Alfred, Lord Tennyson What does that mean? This is another one of those classic quotes. Short but sweet, and exactly on point. This quote starts by saying what we all know. “Knowledge comes” it says. Knowledge … Continue reading
Even after a bad harvest there must be sowing. – Seneca What does that mean? This is one of the most powerful truths of nature. No matter how poorly the harvest turned out, if you wish to have another crop, … Continue reading
That is never too often repeated, which is never sufficiently learned. – Seneca What does that mean? Let’s start by unwinding the negatives and reversing the halves. That brings us to “That which hasn’t been learned, hasn’t been repeated often … Continue reading
Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. – Henri Cartier-Bresson What does that mean? I love this quote, as it is all about short-cuts, or more precisely, the lack of them. While there may be some on a map, in real … Continue reading
When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. – Maya Angelou What does that mean? This is a great quote. It’s about being cheerful in giving, and how that cheerfulness brings blessings. It’s also about accepting with a grateful heart, … Continue reading