- 1,081,513 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 1 year ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him.
- Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.
- The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune
- Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A. A. Milne
- Dream. Let nothing dim the light that shines within you.
- It's not the lack of resources, it's your lack of resourcefulness that stops you.
- Character is much easier kept than recovered.
- Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
- The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: observation
If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. – Wayne Dyer What does that mean? This is another twisted quote chiastic. It says change the look, and how you look will change. We all … Continue reading
We naturally have self-interest but it should be wise rather than foolish self-interest by taking others needs into account as well as ours.
We naturally have self-interest but it should be wise rather than foolish self-interest by taking others needs into account as well as ours. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? I like this quote, as it acknowledges a basic human behavior, yet … Continue reading
See how many are better off than you are, but consider how many are worse. – Seneca What does that mean? To me, this quote is about perspective. It also shows that ‘Keeping up with the Joneses‘ has been going on … Continue reading
We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. – Epictetus What does that mean? Somehow, I imagine this was an old saying before Epictetus latched on to it. It certainly survives … Continue reading
Don’t wait for something big to occur. Start where you are with what you have and that will lead you into something greater.
Don’t wait for something big to occur. Start where you are with what you have and that will lead you into something greater. – Mary Manin Morrissey What does that mean? While there is some baggage associated with the author of … Continue reading
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe What does that mean? Let’s see a show of hands, how many of you know what you have to do, and are … Continue reading
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. – Herbert Spencer What does that mean? This one is a fairly simple truth. If there are no consequences for our actions, … Continue reading