- 1,080,208 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 9 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence
- Great minds have purposes; others have wishes.
- You cannot make progress without making decisions.
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Dream. Let nothing dim the light that shines within you.
- If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: listening
Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals.
Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals. – attributed to J. Isham (no known bio) What does that mean? We all listen to others, in some form or another. … Continue reading
We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. – Epictetus What does that mean? Somehow, I imagine this was an old saying before Epictetus latched on to it. It certainly survives … Continue reading
Such an amazing way to look at life: “Your enemy can be your best teacher” Dalai Lama. Perhaps we don’t have any enemies, just teachers!
Such an amazing way to look at life: “Your enemy can be your best teacher” Dalai Lama. Perhaps we don’t have any enemies, just teachers! – Tony Robbins What does that mean? This is a popular paraphrasing of a Dalai Lama quote. … Continue reading
You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. – John Morley, 1st Viscount Morley of Blackburn What does that mean? This quote is about debates and how they appear to end. There are many reasons one might be silent … Continue reading
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. – Anonymous What does that mean? If you have never been hectored by a small flying insect, this quote probably have no … Continue reading
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge, argument is an exchange of ignorance. – Robert Quillen What does that mean? I have always had a soft spot for witticisms, and this is certainly one of my favorites. Sadly, this is also a … Continue reading
By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. – Charles Wadsworth What does that mean? I can imagine this being said with a bit of a wry smile. … Continue reading