- 1,079,806 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 8 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- One must emulate both the fox and the lion, because a lion cannot defy a snare, while a fox cannot defy a pack of wolves.
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- A man should be upright, not be kept upright.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: individuality
In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy. – Cicero What does that mean? I’m not an expert in how Latin is translated, and I was unable to find the exact source of the quote, so I’m going to have … Continue reading
All generalizations are dangerous, even this one. – Alexandre Dumas (father, son) What does that mean? There seems to be some confusion as to which Alexandre Dumas is the author of this quote, the father or the son. However, either way, it is … Continue reading
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. – Norman Peale What does that mean? This is a sad truth about far too many of us. If we have … Continue reading
We forget that despite the superficial differences between us, people are equal in their basic wish for peace and happiness.
We forget that despite the superficial differences between us, people are equal in their basic wish for peace and happiness. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This is an interesting way of wording this sentiment. If we remember that today’s … Continue reading
It is the soul they see, not the color of the skin. – Sissieretta Jones What does that mean? I saw an interesting quote on twitter which was very close to this, and started digging. I found the following long version … Continue reading
We must exchange the philosophy of excuse, what I am is beyond my control, for the philosophy of responsibility.
We must exchange the philosophy of excuse, what I am is beyond my control, for the philosophy of responsibility. – Barbara Jordan What does that mean? This is a fairly straight-forward quote. It urges us to quit making excuses. There is always … Continue reading
Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty.
Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty. – Henry Martyn Robert What does that mean? This quote is from the guy who wrote Robert’s Rules … Continue reading