- 1,070,168 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- The rehost is done, and I am now at philosiblog.com
- Any fool can criticize...
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: honest
Being honest might not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones. – John Lennon What does that mean? This quote is about a quality which I have fairly strong feelings: honesty. I believe … Continue reading
Whenever the speech is corrupted so is the mind. – Seneca What does that mean? This quote is a cold hard truth, and one that is recognized by many people. It is a method which is regularly used to manipulate people … Continue reading
See how many are better off than you are, but consider how many are worse. – Seneca What does that mean? To me, this quote is about perspective. It also shows that ‘Keeping up with the Joneses‘ has been going on … Continue reading
Whenever you’re wrong, admit it; Whenever you’re right, shut up. – Ogden Nash What does that mean? This is a variation on a quote about silence and wisdom. It is even more apparent in the longer version of the quote: “To keep … Continue reading
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil. – Socrates What does that mean? This quote is about the slippery slope of lies. First, false words, as the quote calls them, are evil and … Continue reading
Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt. – Clarence Darrow What does that mean? Imagine a situation where children don’t ever doubt an adult. All is well, until that adult is a predator, right? Yes, there are times … Continue reading
The challenge today is to convince people of the value of truth, honesty, compassion and a concern for others.
The challenge today is to convince people of the value of truth, honesty, compassion and a concern for others. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? And that is quite the challenge. Many people, too many in my opinion, place themselves … Continue reading