- 1,070,168 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- The rehost is done, and I am now at philosiblog.com
- Any fool can criticize...
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: effort
Being honest might not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones. – John Lennon What does that mean? This quote is about a quality which I have fairly strong feelings: honesty. I believe … Continue reading
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid; you must also be well-mannered. – Voltaire What does that mean? This is another example of the biting wit of Voltaire. He was also showing us how little things … Continue reading
Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. – Theodore Roosevelt What does that mean? This is a quote, taken from a speech by a sitting American President, so I hope … Continue reading
I will not be concerned at other men’s not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability.
I will not be concerned at other men’s not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability. – Confucius What does that mean? This is an interesting quote, as it discusses our want, or lack, of ability. … Continue reading
If we make consistent effort, based on proper education, we can change the world. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote is about changing the world. Not just one person, but as all of us together. I presume that because … Continue reading
Rowing harder doesn’t help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction. – Kenichi Ohmae What does that mean? This is quote is about understanding the nature of the challenge you face. If you don’t understand what you are up against, … Continue reading
Esteem is earned. Esteem for yourself only comes by pushing yourself to do difficult things. – Tony Robbins and here What does that mean? Esteem isn’t something they hand out at pep rallies. It’s not something that you can get as a prize … Continue reading