- 1,081,237 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 1 year ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- Character is much easier kept than recovered.
- Life is an echo. What you send out comes back.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: discovery
If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. – Wayne Dyer What does that mean? This is another twisted quote chiastic. It says change the look, and how you look will change. We all … Continue reading
Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.
Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything. – Unknown What does that mean? That is the real question of life, isn’t it? “Who are you?” How are you defined and how … Continue reading
A great mind becomes a great fortune. – Seneca What does that mean? This is an excellent companion to a prior quote from Descartes, which is “It is not enough to have a good mind, the main thing is to … Continue reading
That is never too often repeated, which is never sufficiently learned. – Seneca What does that mean? Let’s start by unwinding the negatives and reversing the halves. That brings us to “That which hasn’t been learned, hasn’t been repeated often … Continue reading
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought. – Albert Szent-Györgyi (also attributed to Jonathan Swift) What does that mean? This is an interesting quote, as it is from a Nobel-laureate. The quote is about the … Continue reading
The only way to avoid risks is never to have lived at all. – Winston Churchill What does that mean? The complete quote is quite a bit longer, and is included at the bottom of the post. It is a full paragraph … Continue reading
A window stuck open is just as bad as a window stuck shut. Either way, you’ve lost its use. Ditto for a mind.
A window stuck open is just as bad as a window stuck shut. Either way, you’ve lost its use. Ditto for a mind. – Dr Tayo Adeyemi What does that mean? A window that is stuck open isn’t so much a window … Continue reading