- 1,080,699 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Among human beings trust comes about, not from expressions of wealth or fame, but from our showing affection.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
- The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope.
- Million dollar ideas are a dime a dozen. The determination to see the idea through is what's priceless.
- Any fool can criticize...
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: discipline
Anger destroys our peace of mind and causes trouble. It also hampers our ability to function properly.
Anger destroys our peace of mind and causes trouble. It also hampers our ability to function properly. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? At the beginning of the quote, it talks about how anger destroys our peace of mind. I … Continue reading
It is the failing of youth not to be able to restrain its own violence. – Seneca What does that mean? Ah, the joys of youth. While often times described as misspent, if one both survives and manages to learn from it, … Continue reading
It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. – Henry Ford What does that mean? This quote, as one might expect from one of the foremost industrialists of his era, is about work. Specifically … Continue reading
To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. – Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? Another classically brief quote. But it is packed with meaning. It is talking about revenge and how to best achieve it. However, it doesn’t say to … Continue reading
The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured. – Cicero What does that mean? This is another saying based on the concepts of agriculture. Harvesting is what you do at the end of the season, … Continue reading
Gratitude is heaven itself. – William Blake What does that mean? I have seen this quote also attributed to Laura Huxley (as well as to her husband, author Aldous Huxley), Matt Cutts and others. Of the list of people to … Continue reading
Practice yourself, for heaven’s sake in little things, and then proceed to greater. – Epictetus What does that mean? This quote is also stated in a slightly older English, but with better punctuation (see 2nd link at bottom of this … Continue reading