- 1,069,759 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Any fool can criticize...
- If money is your hope for independence you will never have it.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is
- Every path has its puddle.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: desire
If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked. – Epictetus What does that mean? This is an interesting way of putting forward the question. How would you find ways to become better if you didn’t think you … Continue reading
Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. – Oliver Wendell Holmes What does that mean? This quote is, to me, about the difference between a physical location and an emotion. The quote says that … Continue reading
We naturally have self-interest but it should be wise rather than foolish self-interest by taking others needs into account as well as ours.
We naturally have self-interest but it should be wise rather than foolish self-interest by taking others needs into account as well as ours. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? I like this quote, as it acknowledges a basic human behavior, yet … Continue reading
Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.
Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money. – Anonymous What does that mean? This one hits consumerism below the belt. This quote is a call-out to … Continue reading
It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor. – Seneca What does that mean? This is a classic quote, and explains the futility of comparing yourself to others. Yes, we … Continue reading
True love begins when nothing is looked for in return. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry What does that mean? I have heard a lot of variants of this quote, but many seem to take it in a different direction. To me, this … Continue reading
The good things of prosperity are to be wished; but the good things that belong to adversity are to be admired.
The good things of prosperity are to be wished; but the good things that belong to adversity are to be admired. – Seneca What does that mean? To me, this quote is about our focus and about what is truly … Continue reading