- 1,070,168 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- The rehost is done, and I am now at philosiblog.com
- Any fool can criticize...
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: decision
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid; you must also be well-mannered. – Voltaire What does that mean? This is another example of the biting wit of Voltaire. He was also showing us how little things … Continue reading
Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. – Napoleon Bonaparte and Andrew Jackson What does that mean? Put another way, there’s a time to cut bait, and a time to fish. … Continue reading
You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. – Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? This quote is about finding a fundamental truth of life. While many quotes focus on happiness coming … Continue reading
Control thy passions lest they take vengeance on thee. – Epictetus What does that mean? This quote is about passions and how too much of a good thing can be a real problem for some people. The quote urges us to … Continue reading
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. – Groucho Marx What does that mean? A slightly longer version of the quote is as follows: “Each morning when I … Continue reading
No untroubled day has ever dawned for me. – Seneca What does that mean? This is a classic bit of wisdom. Who has ever had a day completely free of troubles? It might be statistically possible, but typically, they are rare at … Continue reading
You must decide what it is you believe in and take steps towards achieving it and creating the universe and world you want to see.
You must decide what it is you believe in and take steps towards achieving it and creating the universe and world you want to see. – Forest Whitaker What does that mean? This is a bit of a departure from the norm, … Continue reading