- 1,080,973 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 11 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends.
- Life is an echo. What you send out comes back.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
- It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: common sense
Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr. What does that mean? This quote is about the difference between giving and getting. As kids, I imagine most of us liked one … Continue reading
Whatever is well said by another, is mine. – Seneca What does that mean? Well, this is an interesting quote. One way to take it is to presume that he is taking other people’s quotes. In short, plagiarism. While I would … Continue reading
The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured. – Cicero What does that mean? This is another saying based on the concepts of agriculture. Harvesting is what you do at the end of the season, … Continue reading
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. – Herbert Spencer What does that mean? This one is a fairly simple truth. If there are no consequences for our actions, … Continue reading
One crime has to be concealed by another. – Seneca What does that mean? This is a quote about actions and their consequences. When you do something wrong, it doesn’t just go away. It doesn’t disappear or otherwise hide, unless … Continue reading
If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it! – Johnathan Winters What does that mean? This is a quote by the late great funny man Johnathan Winters. While it’s said in a humorous manner, the quote is very serious. … Continue reading
Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity. – Will Smith What does that mean? That’s quite a slap in the face, isn’t it? Being real has just been equated with mediocrity, with not really doing much or making much … Continue reading