- 1,070,168 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- The rehost is done, and I am now at philosiblog.com
- Any fool can criticize...
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: July 2013
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Anonymous, more recently attributed to Vivian Greene What does that mean? This quote is about living our lives, not simply waiting around for a … Continue reading
All generalizations are dangerous, even this one. – Alexandre Dumas (father, son) What does that mean? There seems to be some confusion as to which Alexandre Dumas is the author of this quote, the father or the son. However, either way, it is … Continue reading
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller What does that mean? This quote begins by saying “the best and most beautiful things…” But … Continue reading
Human happiness depends on taking others into account. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? To me, this quote talks about two things at the same time. First, it addresses our personal happiness. It also addresses the happiness of all human-kind at the … Continue reading
Whatever is well said by another, is mine. – Seneca What does that mean? Well, this is an interesting quote. One way to take it is to presume that he is taking other people’s quotes. In short, plagiarism. While I would … Continue reading
Life is an echo. What you send out comes back. – Zig Ziglar What does that mean? This is a neat quote, and it is a twitter-friendly version of a longer quote, which goes like this: “Life is an echo. What … Continue reading
I shall never allow myself to stoop so low as to hate any man. – Booker T. Washington What does that mean? This is something he said a lot. It has been recorded in slight variants, including substituting ‘permit’ for ‘allow’ as … Continue reading