- 1,081,513 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 1 year ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him.
- Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.
- The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune
- Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A. A. Milne
- Dream. Let nothing dim the light that shines within you.
- It's not the lack of resources, it's your lack of resourcefulness that stops you.
- Character is much easier kept than recovered.
- Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
- The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: March 2013
We need material development, but we need to understand that by itself it doesn’t bring peace of mind.
We need material development, but we need to understand that by itself it doesn’t bring peace of mind. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This is an interesting quote. Given the person speaking it, one usually presumes that there will be a … Continue reading
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. – Seneca What does that mean? While I don’t know the exact situation in which this quote was originally used, I believe it has application in our lives today in many forms. … Continue reading
Stimulate the heart to love, and all other virtues will rise of their own accord. – W. T. Ussery This is a thinly sourced quote, apparently from a book titled Sermons, from the Baptist Publishing Company, Nashville, Tennessee, from 1912. … Continue reading
Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.
Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote is attributed both to Cicero and as a Swedish Proverb. Not sure how those go together, … Continue reading
Once you really commence to see things, then you really commence to feel things. – Edward Steichen What does that mean? This quote is by a world famous photographer, which is a very visual medium. The photographer sees something, but a good … Continue reading
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul. – St. Augustine of Hippo What does that mean? To me, this quote is the explanation why pregnant women are said to glow with beauty. … Continue reading
Some time last night, the blog had it’s 500,000th view! Thanks for the support!