- 1,073,896 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Don't open a shop unless you like to smile.
- Any fool can criticize...
- If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.
- One must steer, not talk.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- It is important that when pursing our own self-interest we should be “wise selfish” and not “foolish selfish”
- He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
- Tardiness often robs us opportunity, and the dispatch of our forces.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: March 2013
We need material development, but we need to understand that by itself it doesn’t bring peace of mind.
We need material development, but we need to understand that by itself it doesn’t bring peace of mind. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This is an interesting quote. Given the person speaking it, one usually presumes that there will be a … Continue reading
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. – Seneca What does that mean? While I don’t know the exact situation in which this quote was originally used, I believe it has application in our lives today in many forms. … Continue reading
Stimulate the heart to love, and all other virtues will rise of their own accord. – W. T. Ussery This is a thinly sourced quote, apparently from a book titled Sermons, from the Baptist Publishing Company, Nashville, Tennessee, from 1912. … Continue reading
Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.
Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote is attributed both to Cicero and as a Swedish Proverb. Not sure how those go together, … Continue reading
Once you really commence to see things, then you really commence to feel things. – Edward Steichen What does that mean? This quote is by a world famous photographer, which is a very visual medium. The photographer sees something, but a good … Continue reading
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul. – St. Augustine of Hippo What does that mean? To me, this quote is the explanation why pregnant women are said to glow with beauty. … Continue reading
Some time last night, the blog had it’s 500,000th view! Thanks for the support!