- 1,070,168 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
- It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.
- The rehost is done, and I am now at philosiblog.com
- Any fool can criticize...
- Time heals what reason cannot.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: January 2013
The difficulty, the ordeal, is to start. – Zane Grey What does that mean? The author of today’s quote was also the author of more than 90 books, so I would dare say he knows of which he speaks. The thought … Continue reading
All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare. – Baruch Spinoza What does that mean? Depending on your age and background, ‘excellent’ may have become part of your vocabulary as a simple statement of agreement. However, it really means … Continue reading
Character is much easier kept than recovered. – Thomas Paine What does that mean? This quote is about that most public of private things, our reputation, or the public perception of our character. The quote says that once you have developed … Continue reading
Reach for it. Push yourself as far as you can. – Christa McAuliffe What does that mean? This quote, I believe, is fairly straight forward. It is urging us not to settle, not to wait, not to hesitate. It says to … Continue reading
In order to lead a meaningful life, you need to cherish others, pay attention to human values and try to cultivate inner peace.
In order to lead a meaningful life, you need to cherish others, pay attention to human values and try to cultivate inner peace. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? In this quote, the topic is a meaningful life, and how … Continue reading
The hottest love has the coldest end. – Socrates What does that mean? This quote caught my eye as there was recently a discussion on one of my other posts about how love ends. The quote starts by talking about the … Continue reading
If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives, let’s go. – Lemony Snicket, nom de plume of Daniel Handler, from ‘The Ersatz Elevator’ What does that mean? This is the eternal question. When do … Continue reading