- 1,080,699 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 10 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Among human beings trust comes about, not from expressions of wealth or fame, but from our showing affection.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
- The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope.
- Million dollar ideas are a dime a dozen. The determination to see the idea through is what's priceless.
- Any fool can criticize...
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: December 2012
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: About 55,000 tourists visit Liechtenstein every year. This blog was viewed about 250,000 times in 2012. If it were Liechtenstein, it would take about … Continue reading
If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time. – Zig Ziglar What does that mean? Also attributed to B.J. Marshall, this is more a truism than anything else. So many people, myself included, who just do things, without any … Continue reading
The very purpose of spirituality is self-discipline. Rather than criticizing others, we should evaluate and criticize ourselves.
The very purpose of spirituality is self-discipline. Rather than criticizing others, we should evaluate and criticize ourselves. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? Recently, I was riding in a car when the driver criticized the driver we were following for their … Continue reading
I don’t consider myself bald, I’m just taller than my hair. – Seneca What does that mean? While this may seem a flippant quote, to me, it has deeper meaning. To me this quote is about being at ease with who … Continue reading
The bravest are those who have vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
The bravest are those who have vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. – Thucydides What does that mean? In researching this quote, I found it is sourced both … Continue reading
Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. – Henri Cartier-Bresson What does that mean? I love this quote, as it is all about short-cuts, or more precisely, the lack of them. While there may be some on a map, in real … Continue reading
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine What does that mean? This is an interesting way of making an analogy. One page of a book will only give you so … Continue reading