- 1,081,513 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 1 year ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him.
- Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.
- The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune
- Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A. A. Milne
- Dream. Let nothing dim the light that shines within you.
- It's not the lack of resources, it's your lack of resourcefulness that stops you.
- Character is much easier kept than recovered.
- Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
- The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: December 2012
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: About 55,000 tourists visit Liechtenstein every year. This blog was viewed about 250,000 times in 2012. If it were Liechtenstein, it would take about … Continue reading
If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time. – Zig Ziglar What does that mean? Also attributed to B.J. Marshall, this is more a truism than anything else. So many people, myself included, who just do things, without any … Continue reading
The very purpose of spirituality is self-discipline. Rather than criticizing others, we should evaluate and criticize ourselves.
The very purpose of spirituality is self-discipline. Rather than criticizing others, we should evaluate and criticize ourselves. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? Recently, I was riding in a car when the driver criticized the driver we were following for their … Continue reading
I don’t consider myself bald, I’m just taller than my hair. – Seneca What does that mean? While this may seem a flippant quote, to me, it has deeper meaning. To me this quote is about being at ease with who … Continue reading
The bravest are those who have vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
The bravest are those who have vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. – Thucydides What does that mean? In researching this quote, I found it is sourced both … Continue reading
Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. – Henri Cartier-Bresson What does that mean? I love this quote, as it is all about short-cuts, or more precisely, the lack of them. While there may be some on a map, in real … Continue reading
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine What does that mean? This is an interesting way of making an analogy. One page of a book will only give you so … Continue reading