- 1,069,759 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Any fool can criticize...
- If money is your hope for independence you will never have it.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is
- Every path has its puddle.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: June 2012
The new ruler must determine all the injuries that he will need to inflict. He must inflict them once and for all.
The new ruler must determine all the injuries that he will need to inflict. He must inflict them once and for all. – Niccolò Machiavelli What does that mean? This is the classic “pull off the bandage” issue. Do you pull it … Continue reading
What is not started today is never finished tomorrow. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe What does that mean? This is another quote about getting up off your rear end and getting busy. If you don’t start it today, when will you … Continue reading
A feeble body weakens the mind. – Jean-Jacques Rousseau What does that mean? While having a robust body doesn’t guarantee your mind will be equally robust, there are few who have maintained a strong mind while allowing their body to become … Continue reading
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. – Helen Keller What does that mean? This is a great quote, from someone who knew both the suffering and the overcoming of suffering, a more … Continue reading
It is idle to dread what you cannot avoid. – Publius Syrus What does that mean? Most of us have dreaded or worried about the coming of something that was inevitable, at one time or another in our lives. Whether it … Continue reading
Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. – George Orwell What does that mean? To me, this is the eternal deceit of humankind. Starting … Continue reading
Just as we need good physical health we also need strength of mind to ensure our well-being; and we develop it by cultivating ethics.
Just as we need good physical health we also need strength of mind to ensure our well-being; and we develop it by cultivating ethics. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote starts with the discussion of a simple truth, … Continue reading