- 1,073,896 hits
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 3 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 3 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Don't open a shop unless you like to smile.
- Any fool can criticize...
- If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.
- One must steer, not talk.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- It is important that when pursing our own self-interest we should be “wise selfish” and not “foolish selfish”
- He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
- Tardiness often robs us opportunity, and the dispatch of our forces.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears. – Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? This quote is classic Stoic (as one might expect). It urges us to reject your sense of injury. This, in turn, causes the injury … Continue reading
The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.
The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don’t do anything about it. – Albert Einstein What does that mean? The quote starts by saying the world … Continue reading
Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people
Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people. – Garrison Keillor What does that mean? Since I haven’t listened much to Mr Keillor, I will be taking … Continue reading
We all like to be around kind people; their peaceful, relaxed nature puts us at ease. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote talks about how kindness can impact others. Kindness can be shown in many ways, from saying hello … Continue reading
We cannot attribute to fortune or virtue that which is achieved without either.– Niccolò Machiavelli What does that mean? The quote is saying that if you have had a stroke of luck, and ended up in an advantageous position, it’s fair … Continue reading
I never admire another’s fortune so much that I became dissatisfied with my own. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote says that you can admire the fortune (the possessions) of someone else. It is understood that humans do … Continue reading
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder – Gilbert K. Chesterton What does that mean? This quote is about thanks and the giving of thanks. The quote states that … Continue reading