- 1,080,699 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 10 months ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Among human beings trust comes about, not from expressions of wealth or fame, but from our showing affection.
- Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
- The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope.
- Million dollar ideas are a dime a dozen. The determination to see the idea through is what's priceless.
- Any fool can criticize...
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears. – Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? This quote is classic Stoic (as one might expect). It urges us to reject your sense of injury. This, in turn, causes the injury … Continue reading
The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.
The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don’t do anything about it. – Albert Einstein What does that mean? The quote starts by saying the world … Continue reading
Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people
Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people. – Garrison Keillor What does that mean? Since I haven’t listened much to Mr Keillor, I will be taking … Continue reading
We all like to be around kind people; their peaceful, relaxed nature puts us at ease. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote talks about how kindness can impact others. Kindness can be shown in many ways, from saying hello … Continue reading
We cannot attribute to fortune or virtue that which is achieved without either.– Niccolò Machiavelli What does that mean? The quote is saying that if you have had a stroke of luck, and ended up in an advantageous position, it’s fair … Continue reading
I never admire another’s fortune so much that I became dissatisfied with my own. – Cicero What does that mean? This quote says that you can admire the fortune (the possessions) of someone else. It is understood that humans do … Continue reading
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder – Gilbert K. Chesterton What does that mean? This quote is about thanks and the giving of thanks. The quote states that … Continue reading