- 1,069,759 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/qGXVBs #Philosophy 11 months ago
- Examine men’s ruling principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things they avoid,… philosiblog.com/2016/08/08/exa… https://t.co/srlMR4Upbi 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Any fool can criticize...
- If money is your hope for independence you will never have it.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them
- Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is
- Every path has its puddle.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times. – Aeschylus What does that mean? From the Father of the Greek Tragedy, this is an interesting quote. He states that happiness is a choice. I believe this to be true. … Continue reading
Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble. – Frank Tyger What does that mean? This one has been said many times by many people. Two ears, one mouth; use in proper proportions. I’m fairly certain … Continue reading
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper (Rear Admiral, USN) – Also seen as attributed to William Shedd. What does that mean? Well, this one is fairly self explanatory. A ship may be safe … Continue reading
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. – Confucius What does that mean? To me, this says when the going gets tough, don’t give up. The toughness is a … Continue reading
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West What does that mean? As the naughty vixen of the early talkies (movies with sound), she used this line as a calling card for … Continue reading
Today, when we face problems or disagreements, we have to arrive at solutions through dialogue. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? This is a variation of “violence begets more violence” but is stated from the opposite direction. He is calling … Continue reading
A large part of mankind is angry not with the sins, but with the sinners. – Seneca What does that mean? To me, this speaks of the envy and bitterness that is part of the lives of so many people. They aren’t … Continue reading