- 1,081,513 hits
- #Examine men’s #ruling #principles, even those of the wise, what kind of things… goo.gl/fb/H5K4UP #Philosophy 1 year ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 8 New Followers, 1 Tweet. See yours with sumall.com/performancetwe… 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him.
- Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.
- The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune
- Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A. A. Milne
- Dream. Let nothing dim the light that shines within you.
- It's not the lack of resources, it's your lack of resourcefulness that stops you.
- Character is much easier kept than recovered.
- Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
- The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.
- accomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision desire discipline discovery doing education effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals growth habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles passion personal growth plan procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- October 2013 (30)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Monthly Archives: July 2011
We should value our enemies because they provide us with unique opportunities to practice patience, tolerance and forbearance.
We should value our enemies because they provide us with unique opportunities to practice patience, tolerance and forbearance. – Dalai Lama What does that mean? He is asking us to consider the benefits of having someone who opposes you (I dislike the term ‘enemy’). … Continue reading
If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable. – Seneca What does that mean? To me, the saying is about your destination. If you don’t have one, no wind can possibly take you … Continue reading
There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.
There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time. – Napoleon Bonaparte What does that mean? Time, the most precious of all things to mankind. There is … Continue reading
If your strength is small, don’t carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don’t give advice.
If your strength is small, don’t carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don’t give advice. – Chinese Proverbs What does that mean? Most of the quotes that have been discussed here have been about our strengths or developing our strengths. … Continue reading
When dealing with people,remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic,but creatures of emotion.
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. – Dale Carnegie What does that mean? We, even the most logical of us, are creatures of emotion. Yes we have our logical … Continue reading
Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win. – Bobby Knight What does that mean? In sports, preparation is everything (with the possible exception of luck). You have to know your plays and plans … Continue reading
If you knew how much work went into it, you would not call it genius. – Michelangelo What does that mean? To many people, the word ‘genius’ makes it sound like something was easy. E=mc², why that’s just genius – and … Continue reading